RelatedPosts Tyson Fury to Anthony Joshua: Don’t risk fighting Usyk Anthony Joshua wants Tyson Fury, Wilder fight Joshua: Tyson Fury won’t distract me Otto Wallin wants to avenge his loss to Tyson Fury in a rematch or earn a bumper clash with Anthony Joshua, said the Swede’s promoter Dmitriy Salita.Wallin emerged with credit from a brutal points defeat to Fury last weekend, opening a bad cut over the right eye of Britain’s former world champion, who was hurt in the final round in Las Vegas.The New York-based fighter is expected to return early next year, with his reputation enhanced, and Salita says a second battle with Fury is one of the future aims for Wallin.Salita told Sky Sports: “Otto would be much better in the rematch. He is going to get busy and now he is comfortable with Fury’s style. I strongly believe Otto wins the rematch!”Matchroom Boxing boss Eddie Hearn suggested that Fury’s horrific cut could have resulted in a stoppage loss, an opinion shared by Salita, who also questioned the wide scorecards in the Brit’s favour.“I think it could have been a draw, at most 7-5 Tyson,” he said.“Fury is a great fighter who has tons of heart. He was very skilled and courageous in how he dealt with such adversity. But had it been anyone else, I feel the fight would be stopped.”Salita believes Wallin was in the running as an alternative opponent for Anthony Joshua’s last world title fight in June, with Andy Ruiz Jr stepping in as a replacement for Jarrell Miller and then delivering a stunning upset in New York.Joshua will face Ruiz Jr again in Saudi Arabia on December 7 and Wallin still wants a showdown against AJ, if he regains his world heavyweight belts.“Otto is a true champion, inside and outside the ring,” said Salita. “He is from Sweden and fought Fury in Vegas so destination is no issue.“We were discussing him stepping in to fight Joshua in June. We would be open to that possibility some time down the line in the UK.”Tags: Dmitriy SalitaLas VegasTyson Fury
RelatedPosts Lampard: I still have confidence in Tomori Lampard: Tomori won’t leave Chelsea Anjorin: I’ll fight for shirt in Chelsea except there’s a tempting loan offer Brighton & Hove Albion forward Alireza Jahanbakhsh scored with a brilliant bicycle kick in the second half to cancel out Chelsea defender Cesar Azpilicueta’s opener in an entertaining 1-1 draw in the Premier League on Wednesday. The result at the Amex Stadium helped Brighton end a run of nine straight league defeats by Chelsea stretching back to 1983 while Frank Lampard’s side were left to rue the missed chance to seal back-to-back league wins for the first time since November. Left back Azpilicueta celebrated his 100th start as Chelsea captain with the opening goal, guiding the ball home from close range in the 10th minute after Tammy Abraham’s shot was blocked near the goal line by Brighton’s Aaron Mooy following a corner. Substitute Jahanbakhsh then produced a goal for the highlight reels with six minutes left on the clock, with a superb overhead kick that flew into the bottom corner giving Chelsea goalkeeper Kepa Arrizabalaga no chance. Arrizabalaga had earlier denied another Brighton substitute in Aaron Connolly, who turned and shot from close range while Chelsea also had several chances to close out the game. Earlier, Chelsea had stepped off the gas pedal following their goal and nearly paid the price before the break but Arrizabalaga produced another acrobatic save to deny Leandro Trossard.Tags: Alireza JahanbakhshAMex StadiumCesar AzpilicuetaFrank Lampard
RelatedPosts Napoli Coach: Osimhen young lad with old brain Osimhen, Napoli bow to COVID-19 Breaking: Ighalo blocked Osimhen’s Man U move — Brother Lille manager Christophe Galtier has disclosed that Victor Osimhen is fit for the club’s home clash against Olympic Marseille on Sunday. Osimhen sustained an injury in Lille’s 2-0 away win at Angers SCO last Friday. The 21-year-old, who scored Les Dogues’ first goal of the game, was replaced by Nico Gaitan 10 minutes from time following the setback. “Victor Osimhen trains normally. He had a simple cramp against Angers,” Galtier declared at a news conference on Friday. The Nigerian has scored 12 goals and registered four assists in 23 league appearances for Lille this season. A win for Lille in the game will boost their chances of playing in Europe next season. Galtier’ s men currently occupy fourth position in the table with 40 points from 24 games.Tags: Angers SCOLes DougesOlympic MarseilleVictor Osimhen
RelatedPosts Tyson Fury to Anthony Joshua: Don’t risk fighting Usyk Anthony Joshua, Okolie plot world title double Anthony Joshua wants Tyson Fury, Wilder fight Tyson Fury will no longer work with advisor Daniel Kinahan.The controversial manager has come under scrutiny since Fury thanked him for his role in organising a two-fight deal with Anthony Joshua. But Fury’s promoter Bob Arum has confirmed the two will no longer work together.“Over the weekend I’ve had a lot of conversations with Tyson Fury and what we both decided is that myself, Top Rank and Fury will do all negotiations for fights in the future,” he told the Daily Telegraph.“Whether it’s for Joshua or Wilder or anybody else. We’ve informed Eddie Hearn about that. He knows where to go for the negotiations. Tyson and I have had long negotiations about it. That’s the way it’s going to be.”Fury and Joshua have agreed in principle to fight twice next year, assuming both come through their scheduled fights against Deontay Wilder and Kubrat Pulev respectively.And Kinahan was the first man Fury thanked when he confirmed the news. Although he has never been convicted, Kinahan has been named in legal proceedings as an organised crime boss.And his involvement in the deal prompted Irish political leaders to call on the British Government and broadcasters to intervene.Kinahan, 42, from Dublin, is now based in the UAE.Fury recently announced the fight with AJ was going ahead and offered “a big shout-out… to Dan”.He said: “I’m just after getting off the phone with Daniel Kinahan. “He’s just informed me that the biggest fight in British boxing history has just been agreed.”Tags: Anthony JoshuaBob ArumDaniel Kinahan
Fulham could count themselves unfortunate not to have taken at least a point having battled gamely following the early sending off of midfielder Steve Sidwell – just back from a three-match suspension – for a late sliding tackle on Mikel Arteta. Arsenal, though, failed to make the most of their man advantage after going ahead just before half-time through a close-range header from Per Mertesacker. Referee Andre Marriner then brandished the red card again on 90 minutes when he sent off Olivier Giroud for jumping into a challenge on Stanislav Manolev, although replays showed the France striker did get a foot on the ball first. Arsenal moved back up to third in the Barclays Premier League table as they edged past Fulham 1-0 at Craven Cottage with both sides finishing with 10 men. Fulham, well beaten 3-0 here by west London rivals Chelsea in midweek, started brightly, and Arteta had to cut out a dangerous cross from Urby Emanuelson. At the other end, Giroud played in Theo Walcott, who finished well past Mark Schwarzer, but the offside flag was already up. Fulham were reduced to 10 men on 13 minutes when Sidwell went in late on Arteta, catching the Arsenal midfielder on his ankle which resulted in referee Marriner going straight for a red card. Slowly, the visitors built up a spell of pressure and they were ahead three minutes before the break. Eyong Enoh fouled Aaron Ramsey conceding a free-kick some 35 yards out on the right. Walcott floated the ball into the box, and Laurent Koscielny headed it back across the face of goal, where German centre-half Mertesacker arrived unmarked to nod in from a yard out. Referee Marriner was at the centre of controversy again at the start of the second half when he showed Arteta a yellow card after Emanuelson went down following a quick break, with replays suggesting it was a dive by the Dutchman. To their credit, Fulham continued to press Arsenal rather than just sit back. However, Dimitar Berbatov was offered little support with Bryan Ruiz forced into a deeper role. Arsenal also finished with 10-men after Giroud was shown a red card after he clattered into Manolev. Press Association
Winner of five starts last season, including the British Champions Sprint at Ascot, the David Nagle-trained six-year-old relished the testing conditions as he burst through inside the final furlong to score by a length and a half. Scream Blue Murder ran a big race in second behind the Seamie Heffernan-ridden 5-2 favourite, with Red Dubawi third. High-class sprinter Maarek returned to winning ways with victory in the Woodlands Stakes at Naas. Last year’s Dewhurst runner-up Leitir Mor showed up well for a long way on his first start since Newmarket in October. Nagle said: “I was a bit surprised by that – to tell the truth I thought he’d badly need the run. “He’s a bit special on that ground. While with other horses it slows them down, with him it quickens him up. “He’ll be entered in anything over five or six furlongs and the Golden Jubilee (at Royal Ascot) would be the main aim. He’s very ground dependant, though. “Seamie was very good on him, and hopefully we will have another long, wet summer. “He’s heavier this year and grew a lot early on, he could be a bit better this year.” Heffernan addedsaid: “Bottom line, he’s a good horse.” Press Association
He added: “Some of us are behind, but we are trying to get fit as soon as possible. “It is difficult for us guys from the Confederations Cup to fit into the team now because the other guys have had 22 days more than us. In pre-season that’s a huge difference and you can see they are much fitter than us, so we have to work even harder to fit in because the season is right there, in two weeks’ time. “We have to be ready for that and we know how important it is to start well.” Chelsea have confirmed Brazil defender Luiz would not feature against Madrid, and it has been reported Barcelona have made an official bid for the centre-back. Mourinho has always stressed Luiz remains part of his plans, and expects the Brazilian to feature in the final warm-up match against Porto in Washington, if he recovers from a hamstring problem. Adding on the club’s official website, the Portuguese coach said: “‘We won’t risk David Luiz [against Madrid], but Roma is the last match of pre-season before the season starts, so I think he needs to play against Roma, but if he’s not able to he’s not able to.” Press Association Fernando Torres has warned Chelsea’s rivals both he and the rest of Jose Mourinho’s new-look squad are ready to hit the ground running when the Barclays Premier League campaign kicks off again later this month. Spain forward Torres has joined up again with the Blues having had some extra time off following the Confederations Cup in Brazil, where he finished as the tournament’s Golden Boot winner. The 29-year-old has shown only glimpses of his goalscoring form since a £50million move from Liverpool in January 2011. However, new manager Mourinho is confident he can be the man to get the best out of the former Atletico Madrid frontman once again. Chelsea continue their pre-season build-up against Real Madrid at the Guinness International Champions Cup final in Miami on Wednesday, and Torres cannot wait for the competitive action to get under way when newly-promoted Hull come to Stamford Bridge on August 18. “I don’t remember the last time I had four weeks off in a summer, so it was great and now I am fully prepared for the season, which should be a good one for all of us,” Torres told the club’s official website, chelseafc.com. “Everyone is giving everything to be in the manager’s plans. “From the first day until now training has been great, high intensity, very fun, and so you are working hard, but using the ball in every exercise, so it’s very good. “It is good everyone is involved together, and the manager and his assistants do small things to make you enjoy the sessions. “From this you can see everyone is giving everything. Everyone wants play in the first 11, so people are working even harder than even in the middle of the season when they know if they are playing regularly or not. “Everyone is playing well, the manager is mixing everybody well, making everyone sharp for competition. We only have two more games until the first Premier League game, and so far everyone is looking great.” Torres may admit to having “pain everywhere” being “a nice feeling” as he sharpens up his match fitness, but the Spain international accepts those who have been given some extra time off – Juan Mata, David Luiz, Cesar Azpilicueta, Oscar and John Obi Mikel – are playing catch-up.
Having paid a club-record fee of £5.5million for one striker on transfer deadline day in Stephane Sessegnon from Sunderland, it is understood Albion pushed the boat out further for Anichebe. Although undisclosed, the suggestion is Albion splashed out £6million to land the Nigerian forward following an eight-year spell with Everton. New West Brom striker Victor Anichebe has conceded he felt “a pull” towards joining the Baggies despite previously inflicting misery on the club. Press Association Sessegnon signed a three-year contract just before the window closed at 11pm after flying in from Paris in the morning. The 29-year-old had been en route to hooking up with his Benin team-mates for a World Cup qualifier with Rwanda in Porto Novo prior to being diverted to the midlands. “I’m happy to have closed the deal because the day was too long,” said Sessegnon. Before heading back out to Paris, Sessegnon added: “West Brom play very good football and have good players so for me it’s a great choice. “The gaffer (Steve Clarke) said to me he wanted me because he wants to play more football, add more movement and create chances. “I’m happy to sign for West Brom and I’m excited to start now.” During his time with the Toffees, Anichebe scored three goals in seven matches against Albion, so when the club came calling he sensed a natural attraction. “I’ve scored a few goals against the club,” said Anichebe, on the club’s official website. “There have been a few moments in my history that have happened against West Brom. “I scored my first Premier League goal against West Brom; I scored here on New Year’s Day two years ago – when my dad was in hospital. “I seem to pop up with a goal against West Brom. They are key moments in my professional career so far, and because of that something pulled me towards the club. “For me, having been at Everton for so long, which is my team, for me to leave there had to be a reason – some sort of connection. “I felt a connection to come to West Brom, and as soon as I heard there was an interest, I knew I was coming here.” Sessegnon, meanwhile, is eager to get his Albion career up and running after completing an anxious move from the Black Cats.
Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney is trying to show the right attitude after he was denied a summer move to Chelsea. Rooney scored his 200th goal for United when he claimed a brace in Tuesday’s 4-2 Champions League win over Bayer Leverkusen, but questions over his happiness at Old Trafford remain. However, the 27-year-old England international says he is focused on letting his football speak for itself following a summer of discontent. Press Association “I’ve put my head down and worked hard and tried to do everything right,” Rooney told The Mirror. “I’ve tried to show the right attitude. I’ve always felt that’s a really important thing to do. That’s paying off for me on the pitch. I feel fit and ready to do well. “I feel good. I’ve had some good training the last few weeks. It’s been stop-start with the injuries, but I’ve just kept my head down and worked hard and now I’ve played and got some goals. “I feel great. The training is a bit different under the new manager – I remember it from Everton, it’s more intense. That’s helping me. “I feel good and am glad to be out playing.” Rooney also backed manager David Moyes to succeed with the Red Devils and hopes they will be able to form a strong working relationship. “He’s a great manager and thoroughly deserves this job because of what he did at Everton. It’s good to work under him and hopefully be successful together,” Rooney added.
Munster recorded their first win in six meetings with the Ospreys as they maintained their lead at the top of the RaboDirect Pro 12 with a 12-6 victory. With Ireland and Wales preparing for their autumn Tests, the Celtic rivals were without a huge number of their internationals and the quality was lacking for much of this tryless encounter. Keatley and Hanrahan moved Munster into a 12-3 lead by the 68th minute, but Morgan secured a losing bonus point for the Welsh region with an injury-time penalty. Keatley flighted over the opening points from a fifth minute penalty – prop Marc Thomas was penalised for a binding offence – as much-changed Munster quickly settled to their task. Morgan Allen and Tito Tebaldi were both prominent for the visitors in the early stages, albeit in a defensive capacity as the men in red maintained their strong start. CJ Stander was busy in the contact area, winning a penalty wide out on the left which Keatley put wide. The Munster out-half was back on target in the 22nd minute, slotting over from closer in after Joe Bearman was penalised for side-entry at a ruck. Strong carrying from Allen and Ben John got Morgan into position for his first penalty success of the night, with Stander the guilty party for not rolling away. The first half skipped along at a steady pace but neither try-line was tested until late on when Ivan Dineen stepped inside Andrew Bishop’s tackle to seemingly score to the left of the posts. However, Dineen’s effort was ruled out as television match official Jude Quinn ruled that the preceding Ospreys scrum, which saw the ball squirt out of the tunnel and into Duncan Williams’ grasp, had not been completed. The Ospreys’ general play improved on the resumption, with winger Aisea Natoga getting involved, while a couple of decent Munster moves were ended by interceptions. A double movement prevented Tebaldi from breaking the try deadlock and Keatley had the distance but not the accuracy from a long range 52nd minute penalty. He made no mistake with his next shot at the posts though and despite lacking the necessary penetration, Munster, with captain Damien Varley in man-of-the-match form, continued to dictate play for the most part. A late challenge by Ospreys replacement Hanno Dirksen on Johne Murphy drew a penalty which Hanrahan converted from the 22, widening the margin to nine points as Munster overcame the Ospreys for the first time since the 2011 league semi-final in Limerick. Morgan miscued a penalty from a tough position on the left and also sent a drop goal wide, however a Ronan O’Mahony error gave the Ospreys a late five-metre scrum and they earned a penalty which Morgan slotted for the bonus point. Press Association Rob Penney’s men head into the November international break as league leaders thanks to three penalties from Ian Keatley and a fourth successful kick from replacement JJ Hanrahan. The province forced the issue for most of the opening 40 minutes at Thomond Park, but only led 6-3 at the breaks as Matthew Morgan replied to two early kicks from Keatley.