Here’s a quick roundup of stories you may have missed today. Justin Guarini & Deborah Cox to Emcee Tony SimulcastBroadway alums Justin Guarini (Wicked) and Deborah Cox (Aida) will co-host the Times Square simulcast of the 2015 Tony Awards on June 7. “This year’s Times Square celebration is going to be star-studded, packed with great performances and bigger than ever before,” said Guarini in a statement. The free event will take place rain or shine, with full audio and seating for 2,000 guests starting at 4PM on Duffy Square and the Broadway Plaza between 46th and 48th St.Peter Gallagher & More Receive Critics’ Choice NodsStage faves were feeling the love May 6 from the fifth Annual Critics’ Choice Television Awards. Current On the Twentieth Century headliner Peter Gallagher garnered a nod for Togetherness; other Broadway alums to receive nominations include Tony winners Mark Rylance (Wolf Hall), Viola Davis (How to Get Away With Murder), Mandy Patinkin (Homeland), Cicely Tyson (How to Get Away with Murder), Judith Light (Transparent), Frances McDormand (Olive Kitteridge) and Cynthia Nixon (Stockholm, Pennsylvania). Tituss Burgess will also be breaking out the Pinot Noir for his nod as Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series for Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. The honors will be announced at a ceremony on May 31.August Wilson Monologue Competition WinnersMoyè Light from Atlanta has won first place and a cash prize of $3000 at the 7th Annual August Wilson Monologue Competition held on May 4 at the August Wilson Theatre. Cameron Southerland from Atlanta was the runner-up, and an honorable mention went to Jonathan German from N.Y.C. Meanwhile, actor Anthony Chisholm received the first ever Wilsonian Soldier Lifetime Achievement Award for his dedication to the legacy and work of August Wilson. The event aims to expose a new generation of creative minds to the life’s work and artistic legacy of this seminal American playwright.Melissa Errico Releases New SongsTwo previously unreleased tracks from stage and screen star Melissa Errico will be released on Ghostlight Records as a special digital exclusive on May 18. “How Are Things In Glocca Morra?” and “Maybe Someone Dreamed Us” were originally recorded for her album Lullabies & Wildflowers. Proceeds will benefit The Bowery Babes, Errico’s charity, which offers free support and resources to Manhattan mothers and families.Check out Stage Faves in New Magic Mike XXL TrailerIt’s only Wednesday, the weekend’s feeling like a long way off, so here’s a video to cheer us all up. The second trailer for Magic Mike XXL was released today; get a sneak peek of Channing Tatum, along with stage fave Matt Bomer and Streetcar stud Joe Manganiello strutting their stuff below. Hopefully the recently workshopped Tom Kitt and Brian Yorkey Magic Mike musical adaptation will make its way to Broadway sooner rather than later! Magic Mike XXL will be released on July 1. View Comments
Sign up for our COVID-19 newsletter to stay up-to-date on the latest coronavirus news throughout New York Virginia MillerTalk about a bad date.A woman went out the dinner at a local fast-food restaurant with a man to celebrate her 26th birthday and went back to a North Amityville home, where the birthday girl texted five of her friends to rob her suitor, Suffolk County police said.The couple was sitting in the driveway of a house on Nathalie Avenue when the five robbers came outside, assaulted the man and stole his wallet, iPhone, a tablet and the chocolates he gave the woman at 10:30 p.m. Monday, police said.The victim called police, who arrested his date, Virginia Miller of North Amiyville, and three of the five men, including 21-year-old Jamar Christian of North Amityville, 34-year-old Michael Owens of Hempstead and 33-year-old Rodney Fisher of Amityville.All four were charged with robbery and are scheduled to be arraigned Tuesday at First District Court in Central Islip.Police are continuing to search for the other two men.
When selecting projects, compliance with the Tourism Development Strategy of the Republic of Croatia until 2020 will be taken into account. Priority in co-financing will be given to applicants who employ at least one young unemployed person of relevant profession and / or volunteer experience in a certain field (up to 30 years) and clearly define the work plan of the newly employed person during the project implementation, for the preparation and implementation of the project employ at least one unemployed person with a disability of appropriate profession and / or volunteer experience in a particular area and clearly define the work plan of the newly employed person with disabilities human resources strengthening projects for the purpose of cluster association and have one or more partners in the implementation of the project. The amount of requested funds can be from forty thousand kuna to two hundred thousand kuna per project and the applicant can claim a maximum of 70 percent of the project value. The applicant may submit a maximum of one program / project to the Public Tender. This is the traditional support of the Ministry of Tourism, which aims to raise the competitiveness of Croatian tourism by strengthening professional associations in tourism and / or hospitality. A total of one million and seven hundred thousand kuna from the program will be available for projects that contribute to raising the quality of human resources in tourism and hospitality; among other things for professional development and training projects, all with the aim of strengthening the Croatian tourist product and its recognition on the international market Public Call it is open to all interested professional associations from February 7 to March 7, 2019. Those professional associations in tourism and / or catering that have a statutory activity in the field of tourism and / or catering may apply. Today, the Ministry of Tourism announced a public call intended for professional associations operating in tourism and catering to co-finance projects of professional associations. The Minister of Tourism of the Republic of Croatia, Gari Cappelli, during the announcement of the public invitation, reminded that increasing the competitiveness of the tourist product must be a common goal of all stakeholders in tourism, adding: “By co-financing projects of professional associations in tourism and catering, we strive to provide support to associations as important partners of the Ministry of Tourism who think creatively and in synergy with other stakeholders create new tourism products, raise the quality of human resources in tourism and catering and ultimately strengthen the entire Croatian tourism offer. In the past three years, we have co-financed forty-four projects to strengthen professional associations in the total amount of 6,3 million kuna, and I believe that the associations will show significant interest this year and thus encourage further development of innovation and quality destination management. Attachment: Public call intended for professional associations operating in tourism and catering
The Museum of Illusions in Paris is located on two floors and has over 70 illusions or exhibits. “Through the franchise in cooperation with the partner, we offer him help through all phases, from the first contact, the standard book, employee education, all the way to the opening and later through the entire development process. It’s been a process for a year. Also, the Museum has additional income through souvenirs and didactic toys for which we are also distributors”Said Roko Zivkovic from the Museum of Illusion. The Museum of Illusions, starting from Zagreb, is slowly but surely expanding from year to year through the franchise model. Thus, the Museum of Illusions, as a Croatian export tourist product, is currently present in 19 locations around the world. After New York, Toronto, Shanghai and Dubai, the Museum of Illusions opened its doors in Paris in December! In the end, Živković points out that the opening of the Museum of Illusion in South Korea, Budapest, Madrid is planned in the next five months, as well as the day’s expansion on the American market through new franchises – Chicago and Philadelphia.
So what did we learn last night…1. Labour’s Maryan Street didn’t get back in. So it’s bye bye to attempts to decriminalise euthanasia for a while :-):-)2. Bye Hone. Families won’t miss your foul language3. A disaster for the Greens. And was it because of their abortion policy? We’re pretty sure it was!4. Gay marriage and ‘bathroom bills’ (gender confusion…) cost Labour. When will they learn to shut down MP’s who want to do radical social engineering. All their vote was down in the South Auckland seats – as Sua William Sio predicted. Even ex-leader David Shearer said on television this morning that Labour had been hijacked by special interest groups. Of course he was referring to MP’s like Louisa Wall.5. Did Labour and Greens do badly and NZ First and Conservatives do better because of Value Your Vote? You betcha!! We’ll be back! #valueyourvote2017
(Photo: Indiana DNR)BROOKVILLE, Ind. — A 5-year-old boy drowned at Brookville Reservoir Tuesday afternoon.The incident occurred at Mounds Beach around 3 p.m. when Anderson Ramirez he was discovered by a 10-year-old girl who was swimming at the beach. Parents of the boy, Benjamin and Ofelia had been searching for the boy for about 15 minutes prior to being found.“She immediately informed her father who swam over and located a toddler under the surface of the water. He pulled the toddler to the shoreline where 2 bystanders started CPR,” said Indiana DNR officials in a press release.Conservation officers and paramedics arrived within minutes after the child was found. The child was flown to Children’s Hospital in Cincinnati where he was pronounced dead.DNR officials said his parents, Benjamin and Ofelia Ramirez, are from Cincinnati. They did not release the identity of the child.“Indiana Conservation Officers requests visitors to our beaches to be aware there are no lifeguards on duty and there is a swim at your own risk policy except Indiana Dunes State Park. With inherent dangers swim with a friend and/or with a personal flotation device,” the news release stated.
Read Also: Barca star faces fitness race ahead of new season‘For me, playing is a dream. Being part of this club is something extraordinary. I am very grateful for everything I have done in my career. Today I am in the best team in the world.‘Last season was unfortunate, and the COVID-19. The break was complicated, but there are things that happen in football and we have to look forward. Barca will be great again. Sharing a dressing room with Messi and with everyone is a great opportunity and a dream.’FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Loading… New Barcelona signing Miralem Pjanic said he can’t see Messi leaving the club because he ‘grew up’ there.Messi asked to leave earlier this summer, believing he was a free agent, but the club insisted that his £629million release clause was still active.The forward opted not take his side to court, meaning he can leave on a free transfer next summer – if he wishes.But new boy Pjanic insisted he can’t see him wearing another team’s kit after signing a four-year contract with the Catalans.‘Leo has his home here and I can only imagine him here,’ said the midfielder.‘It would have been strange to see him in another shirt. He’s perhaps the best player ever and it’s huge to have him alongside us.’The Bosnia international went on to share his pride at completing his switch to LaLiga.‘It is a great pride for me to be here. I hope to stay here in the years to come and win titles with the club. The midfielder will take Arthur’s No 8 shirt which has also been worn by club legend Andreas Iniesta. The 30-year-old spoke about his pride at signing for the Catalan club and the importance of club captain Messi remaining at the Nou Camp. Miralem Pjanic admitted it would have been strange to see Lionel Messi in another shirt this season as he was finally unveiled as a Barcelona player. Pjanic, who was part of a swap deal which involved Arthur joining his former side Juventus, was delayed arriving in Spain after testing positive for coronavirus in August.Advertisement Promoted Content18 Cities With Neverending Tourist-Flow6 Interesting Ways To Make Money With A DroneNo Good Disney Role Models For Boys?These TV Characters Left The Show And It Just Got BetterWe’re Getting More Game Of Thrones: Enter House Of The Dragon!You’ve Only Seen Such Colorful Hairdos In A Handful Of Anime6 Ridiculous Health Myths That Are Actually TrueThe Best Cars Of All Time5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme ParksStunning Wedding Looks From Around The World10 Hyper-Realistic 3D Street Art By Odeith10 Legendary Historical Movies You Should See
The Bengals finally finished filling out their coaching staff with the hiring of Lou Anarumo as their new defensive coordinator. It can’t be a comforting feeling to Bengal fans when it took over a month to find someone who was willing to come to Cincinnati to be part of Zac Taylor’s coaching staff. Lou joins Brian Callahan who is the offensive coordinator. Neither of these are household names in pro coaching.Taylor will certainly bring the enthusiasm of youth to the Bengals which is something they desperately needed. For the most part, he has surrounded himself with many young coaches–most of who are new to the professional coaching ranks. This is not all bad. They certainly were after a fresh start, and when you are only 35 years old, you should bring fresh ideas to the organization.Let’s hope that Zac Taylor and his staff have more input on who the Bengals draft than what Marvin Lewis seemed to have. Most of us are tired of “let’s go cheap and take those players no one else wants”.
EOIN Morgan’s thrilling late show kept the Sydney Thunder’s Big Bash League defence alive, as he struck a six from the last ball of the match to finish unbeaten on 71 and secure a six-wicket victory over Melbourne Stars.In his last game before departing for international duty, Morgan wrote himself into Thunder folklore yesterday by launching Ben Hilfenhaus back over his head for an enormous maximum when five runs were required from the final delivery.Kevin Pietersen (60 off 37 balls) and Glenn Maxwell (34 off 22) shone with the bat for the Stars, guiding them to 166-8 on a slow pitch at Spotless Stadium as they looked to avenge last season’s final defeat to the Thunder.The ever-confident Pietersen had targeted 200 when speaking to commentators from the crease, but a late-innings slump eventually cost his side.For the Thunder, who still face an uphill battle to retain their title despite finally winning a first game this season, the loss of England captain Morgan could be compounded by Andre Russell being ruled out of the remainder of the tournament, after the West Indies all-rounder was carted from the field with a nasty-looking hamstring injury.MORGAN’S LATE, LATE SHOWThe Thunder were behind the eight-ball throughout their chase, losing Aiden Blizzard and Shane Watson in the sixth over, bowled by Hilfenhaus.Needing 81 runs from 42 balls for victory, big-hitting pair Morgan and Pat Cummins (22 not out) scored off all but six of them to chip away at the target.A huge maximum from Morgan at the end of the 19th over left 16 runs needed from the final one and the 30-year-old’s enormous blow at the last sealed a crazy comeback.Morgan said: “I waited for him (Hilfenhaus) to bowl one in the slot. I thought we timed it pretty well, but Jesus, we might have left it a bit late!
Monaco did not name the player but says he is recovering and that the club has informed league officials.Monaco is scheduled to play at home against Reims on Sunday in the opening weekend of the season.Lens defender Jonathan Clauss has also tested positive for the virus. Lens coach Franck Haise says Clauss is showing no symptoms and is in isolation from the rest of the squad.Newly-promoted Lens is also in action on Sunday. The club will travel south to play Nice.___ The World of Outlaws says all affected parties must quarantine until medically cleared to return to the track. Drivers racing for season-long points now unable to race because of the positive test will receive points based on their average finish for the season until they are able to return.___More AP sports: https://apnews.com/apf-sports and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports August 21, 2020 Share This StoryFacebookTwitteremailPrintLinkedinRedditThe Latest on the effects of the coronavirus outbreak on sports around the world:___There will be no fans for the Denver Broncos’ season opener against the Tennessee Titans on Monday night Sept. 14 because of the COVID-19 crisis. The World of Outlaws is “ramping up” its COVID-19 protocols following an outbreak after last weekend’s event at Knoxville, Iowa.The sprint car series confirmed “several drivers and crew members have tested positive for COVID-19” following the Saturday night main event won by suspended NASCAR driver Kyle Larson.Daryn Pittman, Tori Knutson and Paul McMahan all confirmed they had tested positive for the coronavirus. Kraig Kinser Racing and Roth Motorsports said team members had tested positive and Knoxville Raceway said one of its employees had tested positive.Series officials urged anyone at the track who had come into contact with those infected to get tested. Several other participants and family members tested positive following that notification.Fans were allowed at the races last weekend and also took part in autograph sessions. WoO says it will be reverting to the initial protocols in place when the series resumed racing earlier in the pandemic. Among the tightened restrictions will be closing the pit area to fans until further notice. The private Southeastern Conference university is not sharing the number of positive results. But Vanderbilt issued a statement noting the university’s ongoing testing procedures has “positive COVID-19 test results.”Vanderbilt says it is working closely with its Public Health Command Center and other health officials assessing potential close contacts and advising on additional steps. But Vanderbilt cites federal student privacy law in not disclosing information that could identify any student who has tested positive.SEC schools started practice Monday with the league set to start a 10-game, league-only season Sept. 26.___French league clubs Monaco and Lens both say one of their players has tested positive for the coronavirus. The Broncos said Friday they hope to have fans at subsequent games. The team has sold out every home game since the 1960s.The Broncos have been working with the Colorado governor’s office, using computer-generated plans that include up to 20,000 fans at Empower Field at Mile High.But the team said having an empty stadium for the opener was the “responsible thing to do right now for our community.”___Vanderbilt has canceled Friday’s practice after some positive COVID-19 test results. The Latest: No fans for Broncos’ opener against Titans Associated Press