Submit Share StumbleUpon Related Articles SBC Magazine Issue 10: Kaizen Gaming rebrand and focus for William Hill CEO August 25, 2020 William Hill accelerates transformation agenda to overcome COVID realities August 5, 2020 Share Gamesys tops list for GambleAware Q1 donations July 10, 2020 In a surprise move, William Hill has announced a change in leadership in revealing that Ulrik Bengtsson is to replace Philip Bowcock as CEO at the end of the month.Bengtsson, previously William Hill’s Chief Digital Officer, has been appointed Chief Executive Officer Designate and a Director of the Company with immediate effect and will assume full CEO responsibilities from 30 September.The company said that Bowcock will continue on at Hills until the end of the year in order to assist with the transition. It added: “This change is part of William Hill’s succession planning and consistent with the Group’s strategy of becoming a digitally led and internationally diverse gambling company.”Roger Devlin, Chairman of William Hill, said: “I would like to thank Philip for his important contribution to William Hill over the last four years, both as CFO and for three years as CEO. During that time, Philip has built a great team, with real depth and a strong culture and overall the business is in good shape.“He has led the business through a period of unprecedented change including the challenges of the Triennial Review and has set a clear strategy, driven our expansion in the US and reinvented our approach to safer gambling.“The Board is pleased to appoint Ulrik to the role. Having overseen the Group’s digital operations for 18 months, he knows the business well and is ideally suited to lead our next phase of growth. Ulrik has deep understanding in digital and has the international and sector experience we need to deliver on our strategy. His appointment will provide continuity, stability and operational digital leadership as we deliver on the strategy we have set.”Bengtsson joined William Hill in April 2018 and was previously President and Chief Executive Officer of Betsson AB. He said: “I am delighted to be taking on the CEO role at such an exciting time for William Hill and look forward to working with the team to deliver our strategy. We have a great opportunity to build William Hill as a digital and international business by driving Online growth in the UK and internationally, growing a scale US business, remodelling Retail and delivering our Nobody Harmed ambition.”Bowcock added: “I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at William Hill. It has been an intense period with the industry and business experiencing significant structural and regulatory change. After all the work the team has done I believe the business is now well placed to take advantage of the opportunities presented in the US market as well as continued growth in digital. Having recruited and worked with Ulrik for the last year and a half, I am confident he will take advantage of the opportunities ahead and we will see William Hill go from strength to strength.”
160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! The Kings reconvened in mid-September to prepare for the long-anticipated NHL season. It had been almost a year and a half since the Kings were together as a team, thanks to a long and costly labor dispute. The Kings, who claimed to have lost tens of millions of dollars in the last decade, were among the hard-line teams seeking to tie player salaries to league revenues, and ultimately the owners prevailed when the players agreed to a new system and the lockout ended in July after 310 days. The $39-million salary cap brought the thrifty Kings more in line with some of the NHL’s big-spending teams and gave general manager Dave Taylor the flexibility to build a new team. Gone were popular forwards Jason Allison and Ziggy Palffy, replaced by Jeremy Roenick, Craig Conroy and Pavol Demitra as the Kings brought together a deep group of forwards and solid defensemen. Taylor boldly stated that the Kings could have as many as nine 20-goal scorers on their roster. AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MORERose Parade grand marshal Rita Moreno talks New Year’s Day outfit and ‘West Side Story’ remake In the first month, everything worked. The Kings blew a four-goal lead in their season-opening loss to Dallas but quickly climbed to the top of the Pacific Division and remained there for several weeks. The new parts fit together well, as Conroy, Demitra and Alexander Frolov combined to form one of the NHL’s most prolific lines, and new goalies Mathieu Garon and Jason LaBarbera alternated with success. The Kings appear on track to make the playoffs, but it won’t be easy. They play in one of the league’s most competitive divisions, and management expects a winner, so the pressure is on. — Rich Hammond, (818) 713-3611 [email protected]
CLICK HERE if you are having a problem viewing the photos on a mobile deviceSANTA CLARA — The hot topic of the 49ers offseason figures to get hotter: which star wide receiver will come in this year to help Jimmy Garoppolo?Pierre Garçon won’t be returning after two injury-shortened seasons, the NFL Network reported Thursday about an unsurprising move to not pick up his 2019 option. That will save the 49ers from paying him some $6 million this year.WIDE RECEIVER: San Francisco 49ers’ Pierre …
Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss PLAY LIST 02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games Ethel Booba on hotel’s clarification that ‘kikiam’ is ‘chicken sausage’: ‘Kung di pa pansinin, baka isipin nila ok lang’ Lacson: SEA Games fund put in foundation like ‘Napoles case’ LATEST STORIES El Nido residents told to vacate beach homes Olympic gold medalist Oleksandr Usyk, the WBO champion, chose Germany’s Marco Huck in an eye-catching matchup between two of the division’s top talents. Usyk said he selected the vaunted Huck to entertain his fans.“This is my wish opponent,” Huck said. “People say he is really good, an Olympic and world champion, but we will see when he gets in the ring with me.”IBF champ and unbeaten Russian Murat Gassiev faces mandatory challenger Krzysztof Wlodarczyk, while Latvia’s WBC belt-holder, Mairis Briedis, takes on Cuban ex-heavyweight Mike Perez. Unbeaten WBA champion Yunier Dorticos gets Dmitry Kudrayshov.The semifinals are scheduled to be held early next year, with the finals in May. The exact dates and venues for the quarterfinal bouts will be selected shortly.“I really believe this has an opportunity to become the brand in the sport of boxing, the kind of tournament fighters really want to participate in because it will elevate their exposure and it will elevate their careers,” Schaefer said.ADVERTISEMENT Another vape smoker nabbed in Lucena Lebedev beats Flanagan to defend cruiserweight title Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next LOOK: Jane De Leon meets fellow ‘Darna’ Marian Rivera Pagasa: Storm intensifies as it nears PAR China furious as Trump signs bills in support of Hong Kong MOST READ SPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSWin or don’t eat: the Philippines’ poverty-driven, world-beating pool starsIn the 168-pound super middleweight tournament, WBA champion George Groves of Britain picked countryman Jamie Cox, and Callum Smith chose Sweden’s Erik Skoglund. Germany’s Juergen Braehmer will fight unbeaten Rob Brant, and Avni Yildrim will face the winner of Arthur Abraham’s bout with Chris Eubank on July 15.The cruiserweight division is more popular in Europe than in North America, and the tournament features the champions in each of the four major sanctioning bodies. Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. The World Boxing Super Series has announced the quarterfinal matchups for its upcoming tournaments in the super middleweight and cruiserweight divisions.The organization held a draw for the 16 participating fighters at the Grimaldi Forum in Monte Carlo this weekend.ADVERTISEMENT Pagasa: Kammuri now a typhoon, may enter PAR by weekend The $50 million tournament is backed by an international array of promoters including veterans Kalle Sauerland and Richard Schaefer. The field features five current world champions and nine unbeaten boxers.The top four seeds in each division were allowed to pick their opponents for the quarterfinal bouts, which will begin in September.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSSEA Games: Biñan football stadium stands out in preparedness, completion View comments
About the authorCarlos VolcanoShare the loveHave your say AZ coach Arne Slot admits Man Utd unlucky with penalty callby Carlos Volcano21 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveAZ Alkmaar coach Arne Slot admits they were lucky to avoid defeat to Europa League opponents Manchester United last night.At the final whistle, United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer complained about Marcus Rashford being denied a penalty.And Slot said, “We have chased Manchester United where possible. We continued to play compactly in the phases that we had a harder time with and got tired. We kept playing football and could resist the temptation to boot the ball away. “We have given away few chances. We walked away a bit disappointed afterwards to the dressing room. But United could also have received a penalty in the final phase. We were lucky that the referee played on…”
The district is considering relocating students into Homer High School from Homer Middle School. The District also announced on Friday the possibility of consolidating Soldotna Prep School (9th grade) and Soldotna High School (10th-12th grade) beginning with the school year beginning August 20. KPBSD Superintendent Sean Dusek says this plan is still in the early stages: “On February 13, Governor Dunleavy made a budget proposal and as we looked at that we would be faced with a pretty massive deficit and have to make some extremely difficult reductions.” They are asking for parents to provide input about the idea via a survey that will be available on Wednesday and at a Board of Education meeting on May 6. This is a developing story- updates will be posted as they are made available. Facebook0TwitterEmailPrintFriendly分享The Kenai Peninsula Borough School District is looking at a total of six schools that would potentially close following the proposed cuts to education in Governor Mike Dunleavy’s budget. Dusek said the district will also be looking at the possibility of consolidating schools in Seward: “As we’ve been moving through this process we’ve had conversations about some of our smaller schools, and when we were looking at Soldotna High School and Soldotna Prep we also continued to look for any other efficiencies. We have been looking at other possible consolidations at Seward High School and Seward Middle School, as well as Homer.”
With an objective to promote and publicise the legendary crafts and handloom heritage of Bengal in the national capital, the West Bengal Government Emporium Manjusha has been renovated and refurbished to create a synergy of modern interiors, enhanced facilities for visitors and improved service delivery.The state-of-the-art emporium at Baba Kharak Singh Marg, New Delhi, was reopened today by Archana Datta, Director General, All India Radio, News Services Division and Alka Arora, Managing Director, Central Cottage Industries Corporation of India Ltd. in the gracious presence of senior officials of the West Bengal Handicrafts Development Corporation Ltd., Office of the Resident Commissioner, Government of West Bengal and other top dignitaries. Also Read – ‘Playing Jojo was emotionally exhausting’The unit is expected to play a major part in sale and promotion in Delhi of the unique handloom and handicrafts creations of the master artisans of the State that blends rare imagery, imagination, colour and motifs of rural Bengal. It will also help in projection of the State as an attractive tourism destination and provide the connoisseurs of the national capital an opportunity to savour the delicious sweetmeats of Bengal and taste the world-famous Darjeeling Tea.