About Melanie May Melanie May is a journalist and copywriter specialising in writing both for and about the charity and marketing services sectors since 2001. She can be reached via www.thepurplepim.com. Melanie May | 13 May 2016 | News AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to TwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookShare to LinkedInLinkedInShare to EmailEmailShare to WhatsAppWhatsAppShare to MessengerMessengerShare to MoreAddThis32 Two more charities have announced that they are using contactless donation points. The Barbican Art Gallery and Mary’s Meals both stated that they would be using the technology to raise funds this month.The Barbican is to install a contactless donation point at the entrance to its Curve Gallery that will enable visitors to donate £2 with a swipe of their phone or contactless card, while Mary’s Meals is putting the boxes in a number of cafes and asking people to give a 30 pence donation: enough, it says, to provide five meals to children in their place of education.Earnest Labs has created the bespoke contactless payment terminal, called Lunchbox, which launched on Tuesday May 3 through partner vendors Reynolds, ICCO, Mortimers Cafe in London and Lynwood Cafe, Oxfordshire. Barbican Art Gallery and Mary’s Meals launch contactless donations Tagged with: contactless microdonations 130 total views, 4 views today AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to TwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookShare to LinkedInLinkedInShare to EmailEmailShare to WhatsAppWhatsAppShare to MessengerMessengerShare to MoreAddThis32 Cancer Research UK has previously carried out two trials of the technology, in shops and on the street. Last year it introduced contactless payments to its shops in Kensington, Guildford, Marylebone and Brighton. The trial enabled people to donate £2 by tapping their contactless card on a shop window fitted with an interactive screen. Earlier this year, it marked World Cancer Day by holding fundraising collections using contactless donation terminals in 16 locations, again allowing people to give £2.Comic Relief also used contactless donations points on Red Nose Day this year, letting people make a donation of £1 via statues of famous comedians placed in cities around the UK. 129 total views, 3 views today
continue reading » ShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblr Strong businesses have strong leaders at the helm. Now, this doesn’t mean ruling your organization with an iron fist. Great leaders build trust and loyalty with their team so that employees can work independently while still knowing they can seek guidance when problems arise.In times of uncertainty, employees will look to you to help them make the right decisions. Amid the coronavirus pandemic, you might be feeling a little paralyzed and scared to move forward – we don’t know how long this will go on or how it will alter our operating environment once we return to “normal.”Leadership gurus Karin Hurt and David Dye stress the need to remain decisive in your decision making, even when you don’t know what’s coming next. Here are their tips for doing so:Ground yourself in your values. Your organization’s values should always be your North Star. Don’t let fear of making an unpopular decision hold you back if you’re certain it’s what’s in the best interest of your members/customers and employees.
Make sure the URL in the address bar contains no capital letters or spaces and please check your bookmarks.Popular LinksSky Sports HomeSky Sports FootballSky Sports Score Centre
Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week.
The company’s management later told The Jakarta Post that it did not expect that hundreds of fans would flock the restaurant building on Jl. MH Thamrin on Sunday night to bid farewell on its last day.Videos and pictures of the mass gathering went viral on social media, triggering criticism and concerns about the possibility of a new COVID-19 transmission cluster.The Jakarta Police, however, initially played down the situation, with spokesperson Comr. Yusri Yunus saying “It was just a spontaneous action to express their sadness.” Topics : “Both business stakeholders and the society are expected to abide by the rules of the PSBB in an effort to contain the COVID-19 virus transmission,” Arifin added.Read also: McDonald’s farewell gathering: The cost of COVID-19 ‘lies’McDonald’s Sarinah, the first branch of the fast-food chain in Indonesia, closed down after almost three decades in business on Sunday.McDonald’s Indonesia announced on social media that the closure of its flagship outlet in the shopping center would take place on Sunday at 10.05 p.m., triggering mass nostalgia and impromptu visits to the location. The Jakarta administration has fined the management of the McDonald’s restaurant in the Sarinah shopping center in Central Jakarta Rp 10 million (US$670) for violating the large-scale social restrictions (PSBB) by allowing a gathering of hundreds of people on the last day of its operation.“We summoned the management staff of the restaurant [on Thursday] and they cooperatively admitted their omission,” Jakarta Public Order Agency (Satpol PP) head Arifin said.The management had agreed to pay the administrative sanction as referred to in Article 7 of Gubernatorial Regulation No. 41/2020 on sanctions for PSBB violators.
“That has happened too many times this season. “We have had games we should have won and when we’ve been ahead we have drawn.” Dawson’s team-mate James Chester says he will find it had to get over the disappointment of relegation. “This is the worst moment. This is a moment that will haunt us for the rest of our lives. It really hurts,” the Hull defender said. “But as sad as it is you need to get over it as quickly as possible as football doesn’t stand still. I know more than anyone how difficult the Championship is. “We are bitterly disappointed. It is a failure that we will all have on our career for the rest of our days. “It is a difficult one to take, especially when you look round the changing room at the players we have. “I think today we had six or seven in the team that got us promoted but as good as we think we are, we need help.” Shortly after Hull’s 0-0 draw against Manchester United on Sunday, Dawson came to terms with the fact that he will be playing in the second tier of English football next term. Since his last appearance in the division for Nottingham Forest 10 years ago, Dawson has won four England caps, played in a Champions League quarter-final against Real Madrid and won the League Cup with Tottenham. Press Association Michael Dawson is ready and willing to lead Hull through what he admits will he a hard “slog” of a season in the Sky Bet Championship. Playing at the likes of Rotherham, Bristol City and MK Dons next season will not be regarded as career highlights, but Dawson made a three-year commitment to Hull when he signed for the club last summer and he seems determined to stay. “It is going to be a slog in the Championship,” the Tigers captain said. “I said when I signed for the club that I would give everything and I will keep doing that.” Hull spurned plenty of chances to beat United, but, even if they had found a way past the impressive Victor Valdes, it would not have mattered as rivals Newcastle beat West Ham 2-0. Dawson thinks the team’s profligacy has cost them their place in the top flight. “It wasn’t Sunday that sent us down,” the defender said. “We huffed and puffed and maybe it has been like that all season. “We created chances and couldn’t get the ball in the net.
On that occasion the 34-year-old was just 25 seconds off the mark in a specially-prepared race using a pacemaker vehicle, as well as runners positioned to shield him in a bid to cut wind resistance.The assistance meant his time could not be validated by the IAAF. That will also be the case in Vienna. The world record, which the Kenyan set in Berlin last year, is 2hr 01min 39sec.FOLLOW EVENT LIVE HERE (see facebook/twitter feed below)Kipchoge flew to the venue from Kenya last night on a chartered flight. Kipchoge with his 40 plus pacesetters. There are six Ugandans. PHOTO VIA @INEOS159Jacob Kiplimo Ronald Musagala Abdallah Mande Thomas Ayeko Mande Bushendich Timothy Toroitich Kampala, Uganda | THE INDEPENDENT | Eliud Kipchoge believes he is ready to make history and create his “moon-landing” moment in his quest to run an historic first sub-two-hour marathon at the INEOS 1:59 Challenge in Vienna on Saturday.The Kenyan marathon great, who has won 11 out 12 marathons and is also the reigning Olympic marathon champion, arrived in the Austrian capital city on Tuesday following a night chartered flight from Kenya.In the pre-event press conference adjacent to the finish line on the Hauptallee in the heart of Vienna, Kipchoge exuded confidence ahead of his historic bid.“I’m feeling well, I’m happy with the course and I am waiting for Saturday,” explained Kipchoge , who last year set a stunning new world record time of 2:01:39 in the Berlin Marathon.“Vienna is a sporting city. The crowd loves sport in Vienna and the course is flat and fast and in a park – a natural environment.“Berlin was about running a world record, Vienna is about running and breaking history, like the first man on the moon.”<span data-mce-type=”bookmark” style=”display: inline-block; width: 0px; overflow: hidden; line-height: 0;” class=”mce_SELRES_start”></span>Six UgandansWorld Cross Country silver medalist Jacob Kiplimo leads a team of six Ugandans who will help Kipchoge bid to break two hours for a marathon in Vienna on October 12.Kiplimo will be joined by Ronald Musagala and Abdallah Mande, fresh from the World Athletics Championships.The others are long distance aces Thomas Ayeko, Mande Bushendich and Timothy Toroitich, in a 41 team of pace setters. Others are Norwegian siblings Henrik, Filip and Jakob Ingebrigtsen, also fresh from Doha.Olympic champion and world record holder Kipchoge has already had one tilt at a sub two-hour time at the Monza race track in May 2017. Share on: WhatsApp *******SOURCE: INEOS159 MEDIA